Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK - "Pack Up" by Eliza Doolittle

 "Pack Up" by Eliza Doolittle

"And I'm trying to care a little less
When I google I get depressed
I was taught to dodge those issues I was told
Don't worry
There's no doubt..."

Already a top ten hit in England and Ireland. 22-year old English singer-songwriter, Eliza Doolittle is proving that everything that is old is new again. Doolittle puts her mark on this sunny dance-hall inspired gem that borrows the lyric from a World War I marching song called "Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit-Bag" (1915). Fresh and unique, Doolittle is an artist to watch.
Eliza Doolittle "Pack Up" from Logan Hefflefinger on Vimeo.

From the album "Eliza Doolittle" (2010). Available now in the U.K. & Ireland. "Pack Up" is available as a single download in the U.S. and Australia. Available soon in Canada.