Monday, February 21, 2011

SONG OF THE WEEK - "To Have So Many" by John Smith

photo courtesy of www.david-angel.com

"To Have So Many" by John Smith

"...See it's hard sometimes to have so many
and it's hard as it is to love so few.
And I feel so weak, I could fall off my feet,
I feel I would shatter if I didn't fall on you..."



John Smith is a singer/songwriter from Devon, England. With a sound & style reminiscent of classic Nick Drake and newer artists such as Damien Rice and Bon Iver, Smith is another wonder for the world to hear. "To Have So Many" is taken from his debut album The Fox and the Monk (2006). This is the first time that I'm profiling a 'song of the week' that isn't a newer release. The song's simple beauty transcends it above the ordinary. "To Have So Many" feels like a classic song in the making. Check it out.


Available @ iTunes.