Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TOP 10 "I Can't Make You Love Me" Covers


In the fall of 1991 Bonnie Raitt released "I Can't Make You Love Me" from her multi-platinum hit album Luck of the Draw. The song was written by Mike Reid and Allen Shamblin and would become an endearing classic that Rolling Stone ranked as the #339 Greatest Song of All Time. In 2000, MOJO ranked the song ever higher as the #8 best song of all time. Raitt's version of the song only managed to peek at #18 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, yet it remains one of the best loved and most covered songs of recent history.

"Of all the songs in my career, that one is the greatest gift. I think it stands among the best songs ever written."
Bonnie Raitt

#10
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Patti LaBelle

  
#9 
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Lady Antebellum

#8
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Sophie Milman

#7
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Boyz II Men

#6
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Adele
#5
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Prince
 
 #4
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Tank

#3
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bon Iver


#2
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by George Michael

#1
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt

All versions available @ iTunes.